What is a Trading History Report (Statement)?
The trading report shows the activity of the trading account. It contains detailed information about the realized and floating profit and loss, commissions, swaps, deposit/withdrawals, balance and credit, margin and free margin, as well as each individual trade details.
Understanding trading statements and history is beneficial for those who trade different trading instruments and want to see how each of them performs. Another great use of it is testing new strategies on the MT4/5 and seeing their merits and flaws.
The report is divided into several blocks:
The number of the fields displayed depends on the report type chosen (common or detailed).
The header contains:
- The name of a brokerage company;
- Account number;
- The name of the account owner;
- Deposit currency;
- Report generation date.
This field contains data about closed orders and includes the following information:
- Ticket – ticket number of a trading position;
- Open Time – the time of position opening;
- Type – trade type (sell, buy, s/l, t/p, modify, close at stop, etc.);
- Size – the amount of lots traded;
- Item (Symbol) – a traded instrument;
- Price – the open price of a trading position;
- S/L – the value of Stop Loss;
- T/P – the value of Take Profit;
- Close Time – the time of position closing;
- Price – the price of position closing;
- Commission – commissions charged by the brokerage company at performing the trade operation;
- Taxes – taxes charged at performing trade operations;
- Swap – swaps charged;
- Profit – the financial result of the transaction.
This section provides information on open positions for the selected period of time.
This section includes data about all pending orders in the selected period. Unlike Сlosed Transaction and Open trades, an additional "Market Price" column appears in it. The current market price as of the report generation is specified in it.
The summary of the financial performance of the account is located below:
- Deposit/Withdrawal – information about the deposits and withdrawals of the account;
- Balance – the balance of the account;
- Credit Facility – information about the credit funds on the account;
- Closed Trade P/L – total profit/loss by all closed trades of the account;
- Floating P/L – current profit/loss by all opened trades of the account;
- Equity – a current sum of your account balance and all floating profits or losses associated with the open orders;
- Free Margin – current funds on the account available for trading;
- Margin – represents the amount of funds required to open an order;
- Margin Level – the ratio of equity to margin expressed as a percentage.
The report also contains the balance diagram and the statistical information about the account:
- Total Net Profit – the financial result of all trades. This index represents a difference between the "Gross Profit" and "Gross Loss";
- Gross Profit – the sum of all profitable trades in terms of money;
- Gross Loss – the sum of all unprofitable trades in terms of money;
- Profit Factor – the ratio between gross profit and gross loss in percent. The one value means that profit equals loss;
- Expected Payoff – this statistically calculated index represents the average profit/loss factor. It can also be considered for representing the expected profit/loss factor of the next trade;
- Absolute Drawdown – the largest loss is lower than the initial deposit value;
- Maximal Drawdown – maximal loss of the local maximum in the deposit currency and in percent of the deposit;
- Relative Drawdown – the maximal loss in percent of the maximum balance value and its corresponding money value;
- Total trades – the total amount of trade positions;
- Short Positions (won %) – the amount of short positions and percentage of won thereof;
- Long Positions (won %) – the amount of long positions and percentage of won thereof;
- Profit Trades (% of total) – the amount of profitable trade positions and their percentage in the total trades;
- Loss trades (% of total) – the amount of loss trade positions and their percentage in the total trades;
- Largest profit trade – the largest profit among all profitable positions;
- Largest loss trade – the largest loss among all unprofitable positions;
- Average profit trade – average profit value for a trade (the sum of profits divided by the amount of profitable trades);
- Average loss trade – average loss value for a trade (the sum of losses divided by the amount of unprofitable trades);
- Maximum consecutive wins ($) – the longest series of profitable trade positions and the sum of their wins;
- Maximum consecutive losses ($) – the longest series of unprofitable trade positions and the sum of their losses;
- Maximal consecutive profit (count) – the maximum profit of a series of profitable trades and the number of profitable trades corresponding with it;
- Maximal consecutive loss (count) – the maximum loss of a series of unprofitable trades and the number of unprofitable trades corresponding with it;
- Average consecutive wins – the average amount of profitable positions in consecutive profitable series;
- Average consecutive losses – the average amount of unprofitable positions in consecutive unprofitable series.